Last night I was having a conversation with myself in my head. This conversation gave me insight and some ideas. One of those ideas was this blog. Why a blog, you may ask. Well, I need somewhere to not only vent but to share my ideas. I need a place where I can visually hold myself accountable for the change.
Here are the things I plan on sharing through this website
1. Weekly progress
3. Work out routines that I actually enjoy
5. Events or outings I am able to accomplish with my dogs
6. Anything else that is on my mind at that moment
Let’s first get one thing straight though. I am in no way saying that I am ashamed of who I am or that I am trying to live a healthier lifestyle to lose weight or to be what society believes I should be. I am beautiful and there is no denying that. What can be said though, is that I really want to be able to enjoy my dogs – and allow them to enjoy their lives through walks and beach activities and anything else they want. Right now, that’s really hard for me. I have knee problems that my current weight is only making worse.
All of that being said; anything I write is a reflection of me, my beliefs, and what has worked for me personally. I am not giving advice and I am definitely not telling you what to do or how to do it. I just want to share what I am doing and maybe encourage others to be the person they want to be.
So here are my goals
1. To be healthier
2. To be more active
3. To more appropriately deal with stress and stressful situations
4. To be happier in my life
Here are just a few of the things I will do to accomplish my goals
1. Eat better – I will not be dieting. I will change the way I eat and the relationship I have with food.
2. Exercise more frequently – this doesn’t just mean going to the gym and being completely bored. This also includes parking a few extra blocks from work, using the downstairs printer in my office, taking the dogs for walks, etc. Everything is exercise and everything burns calories
3. Take more pride in my appearance – this does not mean that I currently go to work looking like a slob. What it means is that I currently throw on some jeans and a shirt, comb through my hair, and leave. The better a person feels about themselves, the happier they will be. Truth.
4. Cope with my stress – this may mean just complaining on here about what is pissing me off, or it may mean actually confronting people that are adding stress to my life. I come first and the sooner I start acting like it, the healthier I will be.
So, I hope I have laid out some understandable guidelines. I encourage people to ask questions and be curious. Everyone that knows me, knows I love to cook. I will always share those recipes and do my best at figuring out calories and fat content. Overall, enjoy the read and hopefully learn something – even if it is just that I am even crazier than you had ever imagined.